Hong By Starlight
Enjoy an afternoon of sea cave exploring literally inside Phang Nga Bay’s marine geology, – including the caves and hidden lagoons John Gray found in 1989. Great nature and wildlife surrounds you.
Our World Famous Entry Trip starts mid-day to avoid the crowds, customized transfers included. Don’t eat lunch – we serve you on board of our comfortable support boat. After lunch, briefing and a raptor show, a professional guide paddles you through Phang Nga Bay’s “Tidal Nape Sea Caves” in our custom designed kayaks hand-made in Oregon by SOTAR, the World’s premier white water raft manufacturer. The unique experience is dramatic, but Caveman’s SOTAR custom kayaks are specially designed for your trip. We’ve never capsized, punctured or had an accident.
After a detailed briefing, your professional guide paddles you and your partner through “Tidal Nape” Sea Caves literally inside Phang Nga Bay’s marine limestone karstic islands into “Hongs“(Thai for “Room”)
The hidden cliff-lined lagoons are populated with macaques, water monitors, kingfishers, mudskippers, egrets, Sea Eagles and Brahminy Kites.
We finish after dark by floating your own self-made flower “Kratong” in a spiritual and spectacular Natural light show. Eating our delicious seafood-vegan buffet on the trip back, you return to the pier two hours after sunset.
Guests say our evening Loi Kratong ceremony complete with fireflies and dinoflagellates (bioluminescent plankton) is a “Spiritual Experience”, “Best Trip of our lives-anywhere”, and “Best Thai Food We’ve ever had – and on a boat”.
We shop daily for the highest quality healthy ingredients. Seafood is net caught and chicken are free range. Brown, red, and black rice is served with “Broke ‘da Mouth” homemade Masaman curry.
And this is just the intro trip.
Pick-up & Drop-off from entire Phuket Island by Luxury Mini-van included! Customized Van transfer one or two hour(s) before Departure, depending on location of accommodation.
What to bring: towel, bathing clothes, dry & warm clothes for the way back, sunglasses, sun cream, good weather and a camera or smart phone (at own risk… we do provide dry-bags… at your own risk;)
- Hotel or Airport pick-up and drop off
- Escort boat (when applicable)
- John Gray’s Sea Canoe gear
- John Gray’s Sea Canoe well educated and experienced guides
- Full Board meal plan
- Soft Drinks and Water Camping and Cooking gear
- User fees
- John Gray’s Sea Canoe Ground tours. (Trip itineraries lists any exceptions)
John Gray’s Sea Canoe Costs do not cover:
- Airfares (unless stated), Hotels (unless stated), Ground transfers (except to and from Sea Canoe)
- Additional sightseeing- Visa/ Airport Fees
- Excess baggage charges
- Medical Immunizations
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Medical or Travel Insurance.
- Medical and Hospitalization costs
- Emergency Evacuation costs
- Items of a Personal Nature
- Trip Delay compensation beyond the control of John Gray’s Sea Canoe or our agents
John Gray’s Sea Canoe holds public liability insurance with the New Hampshire Insurance Company. We advise all guests to take out travel and medical insurance before making a trip
- John Gray’s Sea Canoe reserves the right to make reasonable changes in your itinerary where deemed advisable for the comfort and well being of trip members
- By advancing your deposit to John Gray’s Sea Canoe or our agents, you therefore agree to be bound by the above terms and conditions